Instructor Chris Kennedy
Chris’s extensive martial arts training in Judo as well as his law enforcement experience dealing with real criminals have given him highly unique insights into the reality of self-defense. This expertise has been used to develop and instruct numerous self defense programs through the Yaruki Judo Academy in Carstairs, Alberta. Chris has now joined the internationally acclaimed C.O.B.R.A.™ Self-Defense System, as a certified instructor, providing a higher level of self defense material and instruction to Western Canada.
Chris is a 2nd Degree Judo Black Belt and has trained and instructed for 35 years in Judo and Self Defense Tactics. This has resulted in a passion surrounding Self-Defense instruction and a desire to prevent victimization of families and individuals. This passion translates into a comprehensive, reality based training environment. Chris encourages students to have fun while learning how to avoid confrontation and protect themselves and those they love.
Summary of Additional Professional Experience
- Police Officer – City of Calgary
- Corrections Officer – Calgary Correctional Centre
- Security Intelligence Officer – Calgary Correctional Centre
- Founder and Head Instructor – C.O.B.R.A.™ Self Defense Alberta
- Founder and Head Instructor – Yaruki Judo and Fitness Academy
- National Coaching Certification Program – Certified Level 2 Instructor
- 2nd Degree Black Belt in Judo
- 35 Years of Martial Arts Experience